Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Size Of An Orange...

First of all, sorry if I freaked anyone out by having you read about my medical scare on here. To me it was the easiest way to let everyone know, but a little more private than facebook. Next time I will take the time to make a few more phone calls!

Yesterday Steve and I met with my surgeon. Basically he told me I have two hernias that need to be taken care of surgically. He wanted to do it this coming Friday (nothing like making things happen fast) but we are suppose to leave on vacation in two weeks, then camp and our mission trip after that. We all decided it would be best to wait until after our big summer events so we have the surgery scheduled for June 27th. It will take a few hours and could be out patient or in patient. It all depends on how things go that day.

He told me the the cyst in my ovary is the size of an orange, it's 7-8 cm. He also told me that just because my blood work came back okay does not mean that it is not cancerous. I kind of assumed I would hear that but I am totally at peace that it is NOT cancer. My OB said that it is a simple cyst and she is pretty sure that putting me on birth control for 8 weeks will help shrink if not get rid of it completely. If not, we will go from there.

So that's the latest. Surgery on June 27th and try to shrink the cyst with meds.

My dad left late this morning, we were really sad to have him leave. But I am thankful for the time we had with him! My dad had enough clothes for a week...just in case. I love him! And all of you....

1 comment:

  1. so thankful for your family being so close your dad can come up in a few hours!! still praying for you amy but are you really waiting?!? guess if the doc says it is okay, then what do i know! ;-) love you

    ReplyDelete