Monday, May 16, 2011

Graduation Day

On Friday night Tara graduated from LLCC. I am so proud of her! To go to college for the very first time in her life while she was working and raising a family was no easy task. She worked her tail off, and her silver tassel is proof. She graduated with honors and Friday was a night to celebrate..and celebrate we did. If you ever graduate from anything and want to have the loudest cheer when your name is called, let me know..I know the people to bring!
We represented her well...and loud!

Here's the graduate walking in.


Yes, I was one of the "those" people who moved down front to take some pictures.

Tara's cheerleading section







Joyce and the beautiful flowers she brought Tara.


Tara and her neice Anastassia.


Tara and her Momma



The Southard Gang


Maddy is Alyssa's BFF and Maddy's mom has been so supportive and encouraging to Tara during the past few years. It was fun having them there to celebrate with us.


Who doesn't love themselves some Noggles???


The second a crazy face picture was mentioned Mallory jetted.


In at least 25% of the pictures Tara would have her eye closed. She did a good job here making sure they were open.


There is not enough time to explain this cake to you. It involved Tara destroying her honors tassel when she was opening it up and calling it her Lucy moment (from Lucille Ball). And to make it even better the cut "tassel" looks nothing like a tassel but more like an octopus.


Nickie joined us at Tara's house later for the party. Tara kept closing her eyes and I kept retaking their picture...this was the end result.


Abby is ready for her college graduation day.

Tara and Joyce were running their first 5k the next morning and had just picked up their running packet.


Tara my friend, I love you so much. You impress me everyday with your determination to do all that you do and doing it the best that you can. Thanks for being my friend, for being more than my friend. I know your career future is still unknown, but I know that no matter what you end up doing you will do it with excellence and every life you encounter will be touched! Well unless it's in a PreK classroom :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Tara. What a great example you are to your girls and many others. Miriam

    ReplyDelete