Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lydia's Graduation Day

I am up to my nose with camp stuff. We are leaving on vacation Wednesday and returning the following Saturday. That would be the Saturday before my camp starts on Sunday. Yes, I am crazy. So much get done before Wednesday! I feel like I have a good start on it all and have a plan for the rest of the week. Once we leave for vacation there is no turning back, my week of camp had better be ready...or else.

Wednesday we went to Lydia's preschool graduation. I have always thought they were silly, until this year. Things change when it involves someone you love!

Lydia making her way to the stage.


Part of the kiddo's singing a song.


When Lydia walked up on stage to receive her diploma she keep insisting she got a blue balloon. We are all very thankful that is just the color she was receiving.


Checking our her blue balloon.


We had to work very hard to convince Lydia that this picture would be much better if we could see her face.


Little Brother just hanging out


They had a chocolate fountain with all sorts of goodies, can you tell Lydia enjoyed the chocolate?


Lydia and the only the best preschool teacher ever! Side note : Shannon was the Children's Minister before me at Southside. I remember calling her when I was making my decision to come to Springfield. She had nothing but wonderful things to say, her and her husband loved Southside so much they moved back 5 years ago when her husband joined the staff at Southside.

(Can you guess what Lydia is looking for?)

Another side note : A few years ago Shannon and I started talking and we figured out that we attended the same week of church camp at Lake Aurora Christian Camp in Florida. She showed up at church the next Sunday with a picture with both of us in it. What are the chances? And now she will be Cael's preschool teacher next year. I love how God works!


This is Cael's favorite funny face....I am working really hard on a new favorite.


Cael and Grandma!!


It seams like yesterday we were driving to Chicago to meet Lydia, It is so hard to believe that she will be starting Kindergarten next year. Happy graduation day Lydia....we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment