Monday, January 24, 2011

January 23rd & 24th

We made it safe and sound to Weiner but boy are we all tired...still! We stayed up until 2:30am playing with PopPop and Grammy. Cael was just so excited he couldn't handle it. He kept telling me in bed that he could go to sleep. I SO remember being at my grandparents house and feeling the exact same way. Speaking of, today was my grandfather Poppy's birthday, he would have been 87. I him like crazy! Just another reason I am so thankful that number 1, we live close enough now that we can visit my mom and dad often. And number 2, that I have a husband who always lets me leave him so I can spend time with my family!

January 23rd

Sorry...I got a little side tracked. Cael was so excited about riding on "his big, big choo choo train". And let me tell you, everyone he saw knew that the train was "his"!! I know his isn't the greatest picture but I it's what I have for the day! We spend the first fou
r hours in the lounge car. People taking the train are so nice, we met lots of new friends. It also helped that we had a DVD player! It kept Cael happy and then it kept me happy when Cael was sleeping. I could not have asked for a better trip, my little man did wonderful.

January 24

We had a lazy today trying to catch up on our sleep, it even included a 3 hour nap for three of us. I was talking to Tim this morning & he suggested we meet half way for dinner. My mom was suppose to have some ladies over for a Bible study so she was not able to go with us. Ended up that she could have gone because everyone called & canceled, bummer. We had such a good time visiting & Cael was so excited about seeing Uncle Tim & Aunt Beth. We ate dinner at Colton's (it was horrible) & then headed to a CFA for some dessert & to let Cael play in the play area. It was sad that we only had a few hours but there will plenty of time this weekend for some Aunt and Uncle loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment