Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011


GRAPHIC PICTURE ALERT (I thought I would warn those of you who have weak stomach)

Please be patient with me as I figure out what is wrong with the layout of my blog, not sure what is going on. Hopefully I will have it all straightened out soon.

Some of you might have seen on facebook that Gus had a rough time visiting his cousin Guissey. Guissey had just gotten in from playing outside and wanted Marybeth to pay attention to her. Marybeth was standing up holding Cael with Gus was at her feet. MB was not giving Guissey the attention that she wanted and Gus just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Guiss bit Gus on his right front paw. You would have though Gus had just chopped his tail off the way he was crying. There was blood along with a lot more crying and yelping from my poor puppy. Every time he walked he would yelp until he finally figured out how to walk on three legs. He had the three legged run perfected (I am super sad I didn't get it on video, it was fantastic). The next day as we were leaving MB's house to head to Tim's she asked Steve if Gus was a wimp or if he really thought he was hurt. Steve told her that Gus is not a wimp and not much more was said. We made it to Tim and Beth's house safe and sound with Gus still running on three feet. Later that evening Tim asked me to come see him in the living room, I could tell something was up with his voice. This is what I saw...


Yeap, Gus' nail fell out. It was gross and VERY bloody. Thank goodness other people were there to handle it because I would have fainted. Poor Gus, no wonder he couldn't walk on his foot. As soon as we got the bleeding to stop Gus was up and running on all four paws. Every once in a while he will hold his paw a little funny. But for the most part little Gus is back to himself, only minus a toenail.



No comments:

Post a Comment