Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Hate Goodbyes and Thin Crust Pizza


If you know me, you know I h.a.t.e. goodbyes. And the truth is, I am always in a little funk after someone who is visiting leaves. So the past few days have been a little crunchy for me.

We said goodbye to mom last Thursday. We drove her down to St.Loius and got there in time to eat dinner. The plan was to find a fun Chicago restaurant, something we can't get here in Springfield. Online we found a BBQ restaurant we were going to check out. I was more than excited! We don't have a good BBQ place around here so I was ready! We pulled up only to find out it was closed. Bummer. We only had an hour until we had to be at the train station so we headed to a pizza place around the corner, Imo's. It was absolutely disgusting! At least it gave us a good laugh. And the best part...my mom kept telling us they did something wrong with the dough. She was convinced the dough didn't rise properly. When we tried to explain to her that it was called thin crust pizza she told us we were crazy. Seriously?? My mom didn't know there was such a thing as thin crust pizza?!?

It ended up that we had a lot more time than we thought. Her train was a couple hours late. We ended up ditching her at the train station. Cael was tired and both Steve and I had to work the next day, so we said our goodbyes and left her at the scary train station all alone. I did feel bad, until my head hit the pillow at a decent time!


Thanks mom for coming, and thanks for taking such good care of us while you were here!

1 comment:

  1. NAOMI JUNE DOUGLASS MILLER you left your momma sitting at the train station all by her lonesome?!?! You should be ashamed! Poor momma!!

    ReplyDelete