Saturday, April 23, 2011

Big Bodacious Easter Egg Hunt 2011

We have been having a great time, so much fun in fact that I hadn't taken any pictures until today. Everyone is here. All kids, all spouses and all grandkids. Well grandkid for the time being. It is so nice to have everyone together.

Weiner Christian Church had their Easter egg hunt today. There were over 100 kids and a total of 300+ joined us for a day of fun! Steve, Marybeth, Tim and I did a kidstuf skit to tell the story of the resurrection (for my kidstuf gang, think Justin and Angel...it was that skit). It was so funny and everyone did a great job! Tim and one of his buddies did a juggling act...they were fantastic! I must say I was very impressed with my brother! Hopefuly I can load a video of it on here soon for you guys to see.

Here are some pictures of our day.

Tim and Glen practicing their juggling act. I didn't get my camera out in time to get a good picture, so this blurry one will have to do.



In the process of practicing our skit that we were about to do for over 300 people Steve noticed something was wrong with his eye. If you look closely you can see that the white part of his eye is swollen up and around his pupil. It was gr.os.s!! Four Children's Benadryl later and he was fine. Thanks for being tough babe and saving the day!
More to come later about his eye.

They have this little "Choo Choo" that they take kids for a ride in. For the 2nd year in a row Cael refused to come close to it...maybe next year.


Sigh....seriously kid?


Glen and Kristen...yeap, they are as much fun as they look!


Cael got to spend lots of time with Aunt Beth while the rest of us were getting ready and preforming our skit.


This is what Cael thinks about the Easter bunny!



Cael and his "bef with two babies"


Looking for the butterfly in may camera, this trick is never going to get old!


Headed out to hunt for some eggs.



He was off when he heard the buzzer....





....but that only lasted about 5 minutes. Notice the field full of people? Now check out the bounce house. He decided he would much rather bounce than find eggs.


Hanging out during lunch


What would an Easter egg hunt be without a "hot hot"?


Weiner's (I still laugh also..it's okay) 2nd Easter egg hunt was a huge success. It is so wonderful to see everyone helping out and pulling this event off. We miss so much being 6 hours away so I love that we get to take part in this with my family!

We had a fun night also but I am exhausted, more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment