Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5th


Today was Lydia's "Gotcha Day" four year anniversary. Four years! How in the world has she been with us for that long?? She is finally understanding that she is adopted. When you ask her what Gotcha Day means she says "The day you got me". Seriously, melts my heart. Right after they got Lydia in China they went to a hamburger place, so each year we go out for hamburgers. Tonight we went to Long Horn and I explained to the waitress why we were there. She got very emotional and told us that we made her night. After were doing eating we hear a whole bunch of clapping and she our waitress headed to us. They brought Lydia a huge dessert and instead of singing happy birthday they shouted "Happy Gotcha Day". She was SO excited, it was very sweet of them to do!

Gotcha Girl!!


She was so excited about her ice cream!

Aunt Sis trying to control the boys!


Steve is the best wrestler ever!

He's also not a shabby couch.

The boys hanging out

Lydia was very happy buy would not smile at me for anything. As soon as I put the camera down she would start laughing...stinker.


Lydia, I will never forget the second I laid eyes on you. You stole my heart that day and I have loved you ever since. Your world has been turned upside down this year with your new brother, but you have handled it so well. You are such a great big sister! I can't believe it has been FOUR years since you joined our family. I can't wait for all the fun we are going to have the next four yours, and then the next, and then the next...you get the point.
We love you Lydia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment