Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th

Happy 4th!!

We had such a good time tonight with friends. In fact, it was one of the best nights I have had in a while. I laughed until I couldn't breath and almost wet my pants. We went downtown with the Southard's and Josh. We got there at 6pm to participate in the "free family entertainment"...that was a joke. We ended up making our own free entertainment. It started raining on us and ended up POURING, we were so wet. The boys packed up and were ready to go but us girls stood our ground and told them we wanted to say. We stood/played/laughed/danced in the rain for an hour or so. We ended up staying until the fireworks went off at 9:30 and it was well worth it. I am the first to admit I have never been impressed with Springfield fireworks. but they really did put on a good show this year. The best part of the night was Alyssa getting pooed on by a bird. As soon as the fireworks started going off thousands, and I really do mean thousands, of birds started flying right at us. People were ducking and screaming...it was fantastic. Alyssa and Josh got the brunt of the birds, Josh's shirt got pooped on and Alyssa got in the face and mouth. I seriously was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. Later she told me she couldn't understand why I was just laughing and not helping her....poor Alysaa.



A good night was had a by all. We all ready have our plans for next year in the works...this time they include umbrellas!
Our group minus Josh....where were you during this picture Josh???
This is an unedited picture of what it looked like at 7:30...it was slightly crazy!
The boys trying to stay dry after we talked them into staying!


No comments:

Post a Comment